Canterbury Norwood Kindergarten currently runs an integrated 3 year old and 4 year old program (2021) to encourage cross age learning and development.
In 2022 the 3 year old and 4 year old group will be separated and operate on different days. For more information on the 2022 program click here.
|Tuesday||9:30am – 3:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am – 3:00pm|
|Friday||9:30am – 3:00pm|
Doors will open at 9:15 each day, providing for a staggered arrival.
|4 Year Olds|
|Tuesday||8:30am – 3:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:30am – 3:00pm|
|Friday||8:30am – 3:00pm|
|3 Year Olds|
|Monday||9:30am – 3:00pm|
|Thursday||9:30am – 3:00pm|
Further details about orientation and term 1 orientation can be found in our 2021 orientation handbook.
Updated fee information can be found here.
Our broad program goals are for the children to:
- Develop a sense of their personal and social selves.
- Experience an environment which nurtures their emotional well being.
- Experience a programme that respects their individuality.
- Develop a sense of their own personal uniqueness.
- Develop a positive attitude to learning; where their play is valued as meaningful learning and the importance of spontaneous play is recognized.
- Develop both verbal and non-verbal communication skills for a range of purposes.
- Discover different ways to be creative and expressive.
- Experience the stories and symbols of their own and other cultures.
- Gain confidence in and control of their bodies.
- Learn strategies for active exploration, thinking and reasoning.
- Develop working theories for making sense of the living, physical and material worlds.
- Feel comfortable with the routines, rituals and regular events, and to know the limits and boundaries of acceptable behaviour.
- Have the opportunity to learn with and alongside others.